Solihull Cycling Club Forum Index Solihull Cycling Club
Welcome to the Solihull CC Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   SearchHomepage   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Reliability Trial 26th Feb. Update

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Solihull Cycling Club Forum Index -> General riding/club runs/touring
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stephenson

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reliability Trial 26th Feb. Update Reply with quote

1. Badger's Hill is open to local traffic so ignore the Road Closed sign at the entry to Hill Furze Rd.
2. There are extensive road works in Wawensmere. It's possible to get by but it seems sensible to offer a minor diversion from Shelfield to Morton Bagot which will be arrowed on the day. Adds 2.5 miles, your choice. Also Road Closed signs at the turn towards Wawensmere in Shelfield.
3. I drove both routes today and with one exception there is very little evidence of Doris apart from some twigs particularly the descent on Hill Furze Rd. The exception is the steep descent after the Golden X pub: the police have wisely placed a SLOW sign at the top to warn of a fallen tree on the right hand side. There's plenty of room to get past on the left but some care should be taken over the brow of the hill. Of course it may be gone by Sunday morning.
johnnymac

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 12:15 am    Post subject: Reliability Trial 2017 Reply with quote

I'd like to put on record thanks to Dave and his team for an excellent event.
Not forgetting the weather gods for the reasonable conditions especially the blow home.
Dick Law

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:51 am    Post subject: Re: Reliability Trial 2017 Reply with quote

johnnymac wrote:
I'd like to put on record thanks to Dave and his team for an excellent event.
Not forgetting the weather gods for the reasonable conditions especially the blow home.

Yes, I agree......an excellent event despite the headwind for the first 30miles !
Many thanks to all concerned.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Solihull Cycling Club Forum Index -> General riding/club runs/touring All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: