Solihull Cycling Club Forum Index Solihull Cycling Club
Welcome to the Solihull CC Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   SearchHomepage   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Solihull CC YDC (Youth Development Council)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Solihull Cycling Club Forum Index -> Coaching and Training
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JustKate

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:51 pm    Post subject: Solihull CC YDC (Youth Development Council) Reply with quote

Hello, if you are reading this I guess you have some form of interest in youth cycling whether as a parent, helper, potential coach or even a youth rider. Furthermore, if you have been with Solihull CC for more than a matter of months you will, no doubt, have heard of the Youth Development Council. (YDC)
The YDC was created a few years ago to further develop youth training and riding. The plan was that it should be a forum where parents, coaches, helpers and riders get together to discuss the continued development of the training both at Tudor Grange and additional activities such as club runs and weekend training camps etc. It was also felt that it would be a good platform to discuss funding requirements and the possibility of financial support from an outside source if needed or appropriate.

Finally, the YDC has also helped better integration of the youth membership in to club life as a whole. The Solihull CC Club treasurer, Phil, currently acts as the YDC chairperson and as the liaison between the main committee and the YDC so both groups are kept well informed about relevant matters. In return, the support we receive now, be it funding or marshals to stand in the rain at TG, is excellent.

Anyway, the point of this Post is to encourage a few more of you to come along to the YDC. There are no voted positions, it’s just an eclectic mix of people meeting together to discuss all aspects of Solihull CC Youth Training.
Attendance last year was woefully poor and, therefore, the first item for discussion at the next meeting is “The Future of the YDC – What do we want from it?” The meeting is 21st February at the Red Lion in Knowle so please come along and have your say.

Please PM me if you feel you are interested in coming along & need some further information.

Cheers Ian Smile
Phil

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to add the meeting starts at 7.00pm in the meeting room upstairs. I am not proposing to send out a formal agenda but would prefer an open discussion. Please come along if you have any interest in the youth side of the club.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Solihull Cycling Club Forum Index -> Coaching and Training All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: