Solihull Cycling Club Forum Index Solihull Cycling Club
Welcome to the Solihull CC Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   SearchHomepage   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Wednesday evening adult and senior youth circuit sessions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Solihull Cycling Club Forum Index -> Coaching and Training
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PaulM

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 4:45 pm    Post subject: Wednesday evening adult and senior youth circuit sessions Reply with quote

As per the club newsletter, these sessions are starting again on Wednesday 21 March at 6:30pm.
They are for club members only and the first two sessions will cost £2 each (unless you are a paid up circuit user) and will include some basic circuit and rider skill sessions whilst it is still dark to enable riders to reacquaint themselves with the Tudor Grange Circuit, finishing about 8pm.
From Wednesday 4 April the sessions will cost £2.50 and will include developing fitness and racing skills. These sessions will run for 4 weeks (6:30 till 8:30pm) after which we will be hosting some BC races throughout May.
You require to have your own bike, wear a helmet and bring along suitable drink for hydration.
If weather inclement, then check this forum after 6pm on the night as it is likely I would have cancelled the session.

Paul
PaulM

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2018 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear all
I’m going to cancel tonights session at Tudor Grange. There has been a lot of rain today and more showers are expected, and no doubt the circuit will be full of puddles, so we’ll leave it this week and hope for warmer, drier weather next Wednesday.
Paul.
PaulM

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear all
Unfortunately I’m going to have to cancel the training session planned for tonight (4/4/1Cool.

We had to cancel a race on the circuit on Saturday just gone due to part of the circuit being under water. There is still quite a bit of water on the crossroad section by the entrance to the circuit and more rain is forecast for this afternoon, rendering the circuit dangerous and messy.

Additionally I have pulled a muscle in my lower back and I’m struggling to walk, never mind ride a bike!

Hopefully all will be well for next Wednesday.

Sorry.

Paul.
PaulM

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Wednesday night training sessions are presently suspended until further notice. We’ve had 5 weeks of racing on the circuit and I’m now on holiday for a couple of weeks followed by some races I’m hoping to do in late June, early July. I’m hoping to start the sessions again in late July and through to August and prepare for the club 5 mile champs that are going to take place on Wednesday 5 September on the circuit.

Paul.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Solihull Cycling Club Forum Index -> Coaching and Training All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: