Solihull Cycling Club Forum Index Solihull Cycling Club
Welcome to the Solihull CC Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   SearchHomepage   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Brompton S3L Folding Bike - Lagoon Blue

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Solihull Cycling Club Forum Index -> Buying or Selling
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GaryRP

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 5:04 pm    Post subject: Brompton S3L Folding Bike - Lagoon Blue Reply with quote

I love this bike! I bought it new just over a year ago to commute by train to a temporary job in Birmingham, and it has been a joy to ride. It has done less than 400 miles and has been obsessively cleaned and maintained. Therefore it is in excellent condition with no marks or damage. The only reason I'm selling it is because I have now retired and want to replace it with a different kind of bike.

This is an "S3L" Brompton, which means it has straight handle bars, three gears and mudguards. It also has really good dynamo lights front and rear, which are bright and stay on for a while when you stop pedaling. It also has Schwalbe Marathon (puncture resistant) tyres and a frame-fit pump. The bike is registered with Brompton and has only had just the one owner.

This was my first Brompton, and I was not disappointed. It folds up really easily and quickly once you get the hang of the order in which to do it. I used a busy commuter train and I never had a problem (even on packed trains) finding somewhere to put it. It also rides surprising well. The three gears were plenty and gave me great options up and down a steady hill to work. I could ride the lowest gear up my local station ramp and the highest gear allowed me to ride pretty fast on the flat.

I'm going to list it soon on eBay but will consider offers around £800.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Solihull Cycling Club Forum Index -> Buying or Selling All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: