Solihull Cycling Club Forum Index Solihull Cycling Club
Welcome to the Solihull CC Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   SearchHomepage   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

10m TT on Thursday 25th April

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Solihull Cycling Club Forum Index -> Races & results
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mounty

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 9:10 am    Post subject: 10m TT on Thursday 25th April Reply with quote

This Thursday the 25th April we are racing on the K1/10k course (Knowle )the event starts at 19.00 .See you all there ,everyone's welome Mr. Green Mr. Green Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Mounty

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tonights TT is cancelled due to bad weather ,if you know anyone who was going to ride please tell them Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
pete ward

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It’s now 6.50 - it’s a lovely evening blue and sunshine.........see you all next time!
philhitch

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2019 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've seen a lot of event on/off decisions affected by unruly forecasts lately.

One of the WM Youth Circuit Races went ahead despite gale force wind forecasts until one rider was blown off the track broke their arm. U8s and U10s races went ahead the rest abandoned.

S@SH Athletics time trials were cancelled a day in advance due to a poor forecast but the evening turned out to be lovely and sunny.

I wonder if this has anything to do with the BBC abandoning the Met Office as it's weather service provider.

Who'd be an event organiser eh? Oh, that would be me - I've just volunteered to organise the Solihull Round of the WM Youth Circuit Series.

Good luck next time Mounty. Pete needs a run-out! Laughing
pete ward

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2019 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve - I apologise for giving the impression it was a ‘bad call’ cancelling the TT. I appreciate you had a very difficult decision to make given the conditions at the time. As the event organiser there is the safety issue for the participants plus the poor Timekeeper and Marshalls potentially sitting in the rain for an hour without whom there would be no event.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Solihull Cycling Club Forum Index -> Races & results All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: