Solihull Cycling Club Forum Index Solihull Cycling Club
Welcome to the Solihull CC Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   SearchHomepage   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Summer Ride to Moreton-in-Marsh --- Sunday 25 August 2019

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Solihull Cycling Club Forum Index -> General riding/club runs/touring
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cully

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2019 8:40 am    Post subject: Summer Ride to Moreton-in-Marsh --- Sunday 25 August 2019 Reply with quote

I’m planning a Sunday ride to Moreton in Marsh on 18 August 2019. I used to ride there quite often some years ago.

The return ride would be around 80 miles.

In order to gain a time advantage I anticipate the group would meet and begin the ride a few miles south of Solihull centre (e.g. Lapworth TBA).

The route would pass along nice quiet lanes through Ilmington, Shipston, Todenham, and passing by the “Four Shire Stone” before arriving at a café in Moreton.

We would return through Chipping Campden and Mickleton where we might stop at a shop for ice cream if demanded by the group!

The ride would be roughly at D group speed but would NOT replace the regular D ride on that Sunday.

Start venue etc to be confirmed in due course.

Two or three riders have so far expressed interest. Please indicate your interest either by private message or if you see me on a ride.
Many thanks.

Kind regards
Rob
Very Happy
cully

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:25 pm    Post subject: Summer Ride to Moreton-in-Marsh --- Sunday 25 August 2019 Reply with quote

In view of the recent SCC Member's Newsletter - June 2019 sent on email and advertising the Purity Brewery gathering on 18 August.

It is my proposal that we move this ride to Moreton by a week now to Sunday 25 August 2019.

Hence I have put this date in the subject text.

Kind regards.
Rob

cully

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2019 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apologies My Friends…

I was going to announce today that we would begin this ride at 09:00 on 25 August from the Punch Bowl at Lapworth.

Sadly the ride I was planning to Moreton will not be running unless of course another rider wishes to lead it.

I’ve been housebound for almost two weeks now.

I won’t go into fine detail here but at the present time I would struggle to walk to the garage and even wheel my bike out and I can’t anticipate much change in the next few weeks!

Perhaps another time!

Kind regards
Rob
Embarassed
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Solihull Cycling Club Forum Index -> General riding/club runs/touring All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: