Solihull Cycling Club Forum Index Solihull Cycling Club
Welcome to the Solihull CC Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   SearchHomepage   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Racing Round Up 18/07/19 - 24/07/19

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Solihull Cycling Club Forum Index -> Races & results
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DJFellows

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2019 9:21 pm    Post subject: Racing Round Up 18/07/19 - 24/07/19 Reply with quote

*** Stuart Jameson Takes Lead in LVRC National Series by Winning Last Round ***

As the title suggests Stuart Jameson has Won the latest round of the LVRC Percy Stallard Series on Sunday & takes the lead overall with just one race left. The Race that took place in Elmsall, West Yorkshire on a fast undulating course & also featured Adrian Byrne for Solihull. On the second lap the former series leader attacked but was brought back & immediately countered by Stuart & 3 others. They quickly opened up a sizeable lead & stayed away with the help of the others in the bunch of course. As the break also contained a CC Giro rider Adrian was able to combine forces with the other Giro guys in the bunch to neutralise attacks & keep the 4 up the road. After multiple attempts were made within the break to get away in the final KM Stuart managed to take the sprint in his most convincing win to date. The final round takes place on the 15th September, with Wayne Mckeown, Another Solihull Rider, having won this series last year in the same category (B) Stuart will be looking to emulate this achievement.

Jack Rootkin-Gray raced the latest round of the Junior Mens National Road Race Series in Bath. He made a few attempts to get in a break & get up the road throughout the first half of the race. However his efforts were not rewarded & after trying too hard had nothing left for the end & finished in the bunch.

It was away from the tarmac & onto the dirt for William Ryan, Who, on Sunday Raced in the National Cross Country Mountain Bike Championships at Cannock Chase. Racing in the youth Category he Finished in a respectable 39th place.

It was a trip down to South Wales for adjoined at the hip testers Steve Mountford & Eddy Priddy, to ride the super fast R25/3H. Conditions were perfect with a South Westerly wind & comfortable temperatures, there was even talk of a fastest 25 of all time. Eddy set a seasons best of 53.41, while Steve clocked 59.23 which didn't make up for his jammed chain a few weeks ago.
Steve also raced the Warwickshire RC 10 on Tuesday night clocking 23.09 on the A435, K37/10p course.

Lastly a rather unusual but at the same time similar event. Will Gray & David Fellows raced the Aerocoach Road Bikes Only 10mi TT championships on the Lumpy K34/10D course just south of Dunnington. The road was heavy & slow but David managed to finish in 7th place, in what was more like a national level field rather than a regional one, with 22.16, 10s off 4th place. Will clocked an impressive 25.17 just 2 seconds off the Junior Win. The Winner, Richard Bussell who is a double national 10 champ, recorded a time of 20.15! This was 90 seconds faster than George Fox who set the fastest time on a road bike in the last 30 years earlier this year, 19.19. Shows how strong the field was!

If you have any results that have been missed or if you are planning on racing in the next week get in touch via the message option on the face book page with your results & they will be up next week!

Well Done to all who raced!
cully

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:41 am    Post subject: First Class Race Reports Reply with quote

I must say that this report and other recent reports are very comprehensive and informative and I have enjoyed reading them.

Congratulations Dave on providing these splendid reports and thank you for taking the time to compose them.

Kind regards
Rob
Very Happy
DJFellows

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2019 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm very glad that you enjoy them Rob!

I thought it'd be a good way to bring the various cliques in the club a bit closer together.

I think it'd be great if people would do other reports for club runs, social events etc

But if I suggest it the expectation will fall on me!!!

ooops...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Solihull Cycling Club Forum Index -> Races & results All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: