Solihull Cycling Club Forum Index Solihull Cycling Club
Welcome to the Solihull CC Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   SearchHomepage   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Racing Round Up 08/08/19 - 14/08/19

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Solihull Cycling Club Forum Index -> Races & results
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DJFellows

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:58 pm    Post subject: Racing Round Up 08/08/19 - 14/08/19 Reply with quote

*** Ella Tandy WINS at Staffordshire Festival of Cycling ***
*** Jack Rootkin-Gray on Podium at Junior National Track Champs ***

Considering its the school summer holidays there were some great performances from our younger racers over the past week.

Akhil Kolnaty & Oliver & Ella Tandy travelled to Newcastle Under Lyme on Sunday afternoon to race in the town centre criterium race as part of the Staffordshire Festival of Cycling. Ella took a convincing win in the U12 girls race as she jumped off the front to take the victory solo. Akhil U14 & Olly U16 raced together & didn't have it as smooth as Ella did. After the warm up laps there were a few slower riders at the front of the grid & as the course was tight, twisty & narrow, splits formed quickly. Our boys worked their way through the various groups & eventually Oliver managed a great 3rd place in the U16 & Akhil was just pipped into 4th finishing off the U14 podium again.

Jack Rootkin-Gray finished up a hectic couple of weeks of racing by getting a Bronze medal in the madison at the Junior national track championships in his first year as a junior. The next day it was the points race. Raced over 120 laps. Jack managed to take 2 of the sprint laps & was 3rd in the final sprint. However this wasn't enough to take a second medal of the championships & he missed out on the podium by ONE point!! On Saturday it was the scratch race. It was very aggressive & fast from the start. Jack managed to lap the field with 7 other riders & secured 5th place in the end with a very tight & fast sprint finish.

Simon Hill & Adrian Byrne braved the fantastic summer Derbyshire weather on Saturday, speaking ironically of course, & raced the LVRC Team Wheelguru Circuit race at Darley Moor. The race took place pretty much in a rainstorm & there were splits all across the race due to the high winds. Simon mangaged to get on the right side of the splits & came away with 2nd in the B category. Adrian held up solidly in the bunch, though with 40 starting & only 15 finishing, this should tell you it was a hard race.

In the absence of an open Time Trial on Saturday afternoon, due to a cancellation, Will Gray raced on the home course, K1/10K, or the Knowle – Fiveways – Knowle course, Hosted by the Buckshee Wheelers. He took the win overall with the Solihull tandem pairing of Dave Homer & Colin Williamson in 2nd!

Well Done to everyone who raced this past week, Chapeau!!
Phil

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your reports are excellent. Keep them coming
Phil
Guy

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can see a problem looming with all these excellent reports.

Not only will Dave be winning all our racing trophies but he'll be getting Official of the Year and Best and Most Magazine articles. I just hope he doesn't go on the Hobo Run!!!!
DJFellows

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am planning to go on the Hobo Run. I do all this work so they don't feel obliged to Egg me & give me another trophy!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Solihull Cycling Club Forum Index -> Races & results All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: