Solihull Cycling Club Forum Index Solihull Cycling Club
Welcome to the Solihull CC Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   SearchHomepage   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Forum, Facebook or WhatsApp? - you have choices

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Solihull Cycling Club Forum Index -> Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cliff Dobson

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2020 12:23 pm    Post subject: Forum, Facebook or WhatsApp? - you have choices Reply with quote

Hi all,
Did you know there are several communications channels available to club members?

As well as this forum section of the website, the club has a Facebook Page imaginatively named Solihull Cycling Club. Search Facebook and you should find it

More recently we have set up a club-wide WhatsApp Group that's a great way to send and see quick fire messages on any relevant topic.

To join the WhatsApp group you will need to have your own WhatsApp account, and from the application do the following:

1) Send the following information to the administrator on 07570 798973
2) Your real name
3) A nickname if you prefer to use this within the group
4) Your mobile phone number

You will be added to the group (and will be expected to observe dignified and respectful standards in any messages you submit)

These newer options seem to be gaining popularity over the Forum for sharing information.

Last edited by Cliff Dobson on Tue Mar 03, 2020 6:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
cully

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2020 1:33 pm    Post subject: Communication Channels Reply with quote

Dear All,

Communication channels....

With the Forum being on the club website it is quite easy to spot given the obvious of course, i.e. that one has a computer or smartphone connected to the internet.

The Solihull CC Facebook is linked to the website on the homepage and is similarly quite easy to spot.

The WhatsApp group as far as I can tell is not visible.

Idea

So well done Cliff for making the membership aware.

Kind regards
Rob Smile
johnnymac

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2020 3:36 pm    Post subject: SCC WhatsApp goup Reply with quote

As a very new member to the club WhatsApp group as explained by Cliff Dobson in January, I should like to commend it as a quicker and more efficient method of disseminating information.
For instance at time of this posting 14.30 March 17 there is no information posted on this Forum site regarding the following: Both Cycling UK and BC have today advised cancellation of all group cycling activities.
This information was posted to WhatsApp group at 13.20 and 13.22 today.

Regards
John McCallum
johnnymac

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2020 3:44 pm    Post subject: SCC WhatsApp group Reply with quote

I would like to point out that my previous posting shows a posting time of 15.36. It is crucial to my point that I indicate that this forum obviously operates on BST. The time of posting was actually 14.36.

John McCallum
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Solihull Cycling Club Forum Index -> Announcements All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: