Joined: 30 Jun 2007
|Posted: Fri Aug 07, 2020 9:17 pm Post subject: Breaking News... Club runs restart on 9 August
|L O N G post
We are pleased to announce the resumption of our club runs programme. This is subject to restrictions and limitations to comply with Government and British Cycling stipulations, AND dependent on availability of run leaders. Club members only – no visitors at this stage.
The biggest change is a new meeting point for SUNDAY runs. This will now be 9:00 at Morrisons’ car park adjacent to the Warwick Road/George Road pedestrian entrance.
Please assemble in well spaced groups according to the run you would like to join. (A-E). The F run arrangements are unaffected and remain 9:15 at the Boat Pub.
The start points and times for the Saturday, Tuesday and Thursday runs are unaltered.
Until further notice runs must not exceed SIX riders. Riding in pairs is permitted with fore and aft social distancing “relaxed” but please do not ride in as close a formation as usual.
Individual run leaders are making arrangements to register participants as this is a tracing requirement. Most will use a run specific WhatsApp group to register riders. The manual alternative is for you to provide the ride leader with a note giving the date, your name and a contact phone number.
We cannot guarantee everyone who would like to resume club runs will get a ride if there are insufficient leaders to split into smaller groups.
Full details of the protocol and behaviour code is attached. Please read it and be willing to accept and comply before turning out.
Covid Safe Club Runs – what to expect and behaviour code.
6 August 2020
Following the relaxation of Covid 19 control restrictions, we are now able to resume our official club runs programmes. The club has and will continue to follow the stipulations of British Cycling. There are some necessary safeguards to protect the reputation of the club as well as those who lead and join club runs. We hope and expect all participants to follow and respect the new arrangements, which will be reviewed as and when the situation changes.
1) Rides will be limited to club members, with a maximum of leader + 5. The limit is subject to regular review. This is required under our club 3rd party insurance. If more than 6 people wish to ride, the run MUST be split into two groups providing two leaders are available.
2) Obviously…….if YOU, or any member of your household, workplace or social bubbles etc have any suspicion they may be infected now, or within the past two weeks YOU MUST NOT JOIN.
3) Participants must register with their name and a contact phone number for each and every ride they join. This is to enable us to trace people in the unlikely event that one or more riders becomes infected with Covid 19 within 3 weeks of their joining a ride. Where possible the registration will be done electronically using WhatsApp. If this is not possible a dated note giving contact information must be handed to the run leader for the day.
4) Observe the required side by side and fore and aft social distancing. Riding two abreast is permitted, but please leave a reasonable gap behind the rider in front of you. Maintain sufficient gaps at junctions etc
5) No spitting or nose clearing unless you have dropped well off the back of the group.
6) Bring what is necessary to be “self sufficient”. This includes hygiene items and what’s needed to fix a puncture etc. Fellow riders may be willing to assist, but should not feel obliged to do so.
7) Respect the directions of the run leader. Remember these are fellow club members who plan and lead rides as volunteers. They will have to do more than usual to maintain a register, so please do not make leading a thankless task.
Respect and co-operate with the hygiene and distancing requirements at our café stops. These businesses provide us with a valuable service, and have themselves had to introduce additional safeguards to protect staff and customers. Please carry a face covering to wear if cafes require this.
Arrangements at the start.
Please gather in an orderly and well separated way to avoid criticism by those who see us assemble.
The Sunday start arrangement will involve meeting at the Warwick Road end of Morrison’s Car Park, and start times will be staggered starting with the A run leaving at 9am, and finishing with the E run leaving last. Please arrive in good time as the run leaders may need to split their group, and there may be announcements before the runs set out.
Review and updates
These transitional arrangements will be reviewed in the light of Government and British Cycling stipulations. While the risk of transmission of Corona Virus has reduced significantly, the disease has not gone away, so we must remain vigilant and act in a responsible and considerate manner.
Keep an eye on the members’ Facebook page and/or WhatsApp groups for updates
Riding a bike instead of using the car is good for you and the environment )