Solihull Cycling Club Forum Index Solihull Cycling Club
Welcome to the Solihull CC Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   SearchHomepage   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Front and rear camera for a bike.. recommendations please

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Solihull Cycling Club Forum Index -> General Enquiries
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gmsales

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2020 6:00 pm    Post subject: Front and rear camera for a bike.. recommendations please Reply with quote

After a couple of recent near misses I am seriously considering front and rear cameras on my bike. Unfortunately the reviews of popular makes eg Fly12/6, Drift Ghost etc are not very encouraging for cameras that are very expensive.
The alternatives are 'Aldi' copies (no offence meant to Aldi) which are considerably cheaper but again very mixed reviews.

I would appreciate recommendations or alternatively the ones to avoid.

Thank you

Geoff Sales[/b]
cully

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2020 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have used cameras like these but I'm certainly no expert.

What I would say though in my opinion is two quite important practical attributes...

1. The battery the device will likely use will be a rechargeable battery. Therefore if you want to record events on your ride with the camera and your ride normally will be say 5 hours. Then you want a device that will operate for at least 5 hours from one charge.

2. The memory card within the camera that stores the video film will need to be large enough for the 5 hour bike ride.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards
Rob
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Solihull Cycling Club Forum Index -> General Enquiries All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: