Solihull Cycling Club Forum Index Solihull Cycling Club
Welcome to the Solihull CC Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   SearchHomepage   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Station run 'don't wait for punctures' vote
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Solihull Cycling Club Forum Index -> General riding/club runs/touring
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Should the Station ride stop for punctures
Yes
71%
 71%  [ 15 ]
No
28%
 28%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 21

Hansbury

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who says the sat run does not stop for punctures. We stopped for three this Sat, all be it, was for the same person. But no harm was done. Infact by the time we got to coffee stop there was no queue. May be worth someone having a puncture every week if it means getting served straight away at tea stop.
Phil

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GaryRP wrote:
I should add that it was not my decision to carry on. I just went with the flow.

However, my personal opinion is that we shouldn't wait for punctures on the Saturday run (unless it is a junior of course). This is not a normal club run, it's a training bash that follows the same route every week. So no-one should get lost, and there are opportunities to take shortcuts to regain the group.

Regards
Gary

Err Gary - its on the homepage as a clubrun - as Ivor has already pointed out. Nowt to do with me as I could never aspire to ride with Guy who is MY hero. Being so understated and laid back!!!! Laughing
zippy

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So when does this policy start then ? (Thanks to Ian C and Russ P for stopping ) and please shout pot holes ...don't cleverly bunny hop them and say nothing ! I had no chance and bang...bye bye. 'booby trap' perfectly executed..not good as my 'club ride' today was three miles ! and I have discovered that my rear wheel is also in need of attention as its very out of true all because of this avoidable incident.... Cheers. Please shout pot holes....right rant over
L'autreBreton

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure what the fuss is all about. I do this run quite often, and we would always stop for a puncture as long as it's before the junction on the Stratford road by Bearley.
Most of us do this run because we train hard on it. I don't know who had a puncture but maybe they didn't shout loud enough for anyone to notice.
As for me as it is a short ride, I would tell the group to keep going.
I can always win the sprint next Saturday !
frosty steve

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think recent posters haven't noticed the date of my original post ! Smile
zippy

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

L'autreBreton wrote:
Not sure what the fuss is all about. I do this run quite often, and we would always stop for a puncture as long as it's before the junction on the Stratford road by Bearley.
Most of us do this run because we train hard on it. I don't know who had a puncture but maybe they didn't shout loud enough for anyone to notice.
As for me as it is a short ride, I would tell the group to keep going.
I can always win the sprint next Saturday !

the puncture was before hatton..I did shout..the person who didn't shout the hole looked round and shrugged.....the wait option wasn't there ! Its not very 'club' is it ? My choice of stop or wait was made for me ! Lets just be fair to everyone I say !
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Solihull Cycling Club Forum Index -> General riding/club runs/touring All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: