Solihull Cycling Club Forum Index Solihull Cycling Club
Welcome to the Solihull CC Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   SearchHomepage   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Woolly Mamil Winter Series #3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Solihull Cycling Club Forum Index -> Races & results
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DJFellows

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 5:24 pm    Post subject: Woolly Mamil Winter Series #3 Reply with quote

Stourport Sports Club

14.10 - 2/2/19 - 40min + 5 Laps

Today was the worst of the first two weeks rolled into one weather wise
Bitterly cold & very blustery
However the sun was shining upon us so there some positive to be had there!

After narrowly missing out on points last week I was more than determined to score points this week.

The wind made it tough to split the group up so 20mins in it was looking hopeless as 25 or so were cruising round at a pace which was at the mercy of the elements

However on one of the hairpins a stroke of bad luck, not on my part, meant that a break could easily form as someone mid pack had blew their tyre - it sounded like a car accident!

25 became 9 & as we tried to work together to stretch the gap it was clear the Juniors amongst us were not interested in putting in any effort on the front.

I had been lurking at the back for around 4 laps as we approached 5 laps to go but it was during these last 5 laps that we were to overtake all the back markers which made it difficult to stay with the front of my group as not everyone was willing to move over even though the commissare made this clear.

I managed to get back to the other 8 with 1 lap to go

And round the final hairpin two juniors found themselves on the front & true to form the race slowed - I saw this as my chance & went for a long one
The effort was not too dissimilar to a hill climb

My eyes lit up as I was on the front with 10meters to go
But I was just pipped for 1st & 2nd finishing 3rd

My best result so far!

Earlier on in the day Solihull had 3 Riders in the Boys A category Race

Jack fothergill, William Ryan & Jacob Jones finished 11th 17th & 18th respectively - well done lads not the best day for racing.

Ciao

DF
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Solihull Cycling Club Forum Index -> Races & results All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: