Solihull Cycling Club Forum Index Solihull Cycling Club
Welcome to the Solihull CC Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   SearchHomepage   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Some More Race Results

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Solihull Cycling Club Forum Index -> Races & results
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DJFellows

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2019 2:44 pm    Post subject: Some More Race Results Reply with quote

13/04/19 10.00 Darley Moor Airfield

22 Laps Cat 3/4

We had 3 in this race - Myself, Adrian Byrne & Kit Buchanan

As usual with Darley Moor it was windy, however the wind decided to flip 180degrees from last time I raced here making it hard uphill & easy downhill

I tried a lot of moves off the front but I couldn’t make anything stick - someone told me at the end that I had been marked from when I went from the gun a few weeks ago.

A group of 5 broke away with 10 laps to go & another 2 with 3 laps left

I came 4th in the sprint - Finishing 11th
Adrian finished just behind me in 12th - considering he’s 50 - good going!

14/04/19 Bridgnorth 09.30

Two Counties Road Race - Cat 3/4

3 Laps - 56 Miles

I was back on my own today.
It was a chilly start but was soon due to warm up - this made clothing choice hard. However the wind soon counteracted the dizzying heights of 12degrees.

I sat in the bunch on the first lap to get a good sight of the course - a few people tried to shoot of the front but nothing happened.
After we crossed the finish line for the first time everyone seemed to sit up as the sprint up the steep narrow road took it out of some.
One guy went off the front & I thought I’d do the same!
We created a gap of around 2mins & managed 1 & 1/3 laps off the front so a good 22miles or so. However we were caught with 12 miles left.

I was spent

I quietly rolled out the back of the bunch because I had no legs to keep up with them - let alone the sprint.

But I finished & that’s the first time I’ve actually finished a Road Race - so that’s a plus.

Ciao

DF
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Solihull Cycling Club Forum Index -> Races & results All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: