Solihull Cycling Club Forum Index Solihull Cycling Club
Welcome to the Solihull CC Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   SearchHomepage   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Solihull CC Lottery 2 up time trial 2019

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Solihull Cycling Club Forum Index -> Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PaulM

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 10:14 pm    Post subject: Solihull CC Lottery 2 up time trial 2019 Reply with quote

Dear all
As promised at the club dinner, I am organising a lottery two up time trial for club members and invited guests.
The event will be part of our 90th year celebrations as a cycling club and resurrect the lottery TT for one year only having last been held in the early 2000s. We will also use the event to remember Tony Sattethwaite who was tragically killed on his bike last December.

The date set is Friday 12 July at 7pm on the K36 course starting from the motorway bridge on pound House lane near Hockley Heath and follow the normal K36 course.

Just turn up and Sign on will be from 6.30 to 6.45pm at the start and riders will be paired and set off at 1 minute intervals from 7pm.

The event will cost £3.50 per rider and the proceeds will go the the ‘Brake’ charity which Tony supported.

Helmets mandatory
Road bikes only.
Rear flashing lights recommended

Hopefully we can all end the evening with refreshments!! at the Bulls Head public house and announce the winners.
PaulM

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A date for your diaries....

Please pass around to those who are not on WhatsApp/Facebook etc.

Further to the above

The Bulls Head have generously given us 4 meals  in their restaurant, that’s 2 pairs for the winning duo. 
The pub is also happy to cordon off an area of the outside (if weather nice) or inside (if it’s not), so it would be nice to have an idea of numbers attending, so I would be grateful if you could e mail me
(paul_mann999@hotmail.com) or send me a message on WhatsApp or messenger if you are attending this event. Also contact me if you are able to help with time keeping or marshalling. 

I will also look at the possibility of getting some extra prizes which would be given out on a lottery basis, ie if number 6 is pulled out the hat, the team coming 6th would win a prize. Anyone able to help/ donate prizes would be much appreciated.

The K36 course road works have now gone and the Police have been made aware if our event on 12 July.
I haven’t had a great deal of interest from the club on this so I was thinking of opening it up to Dynamic Ride. Penny was keen for her tri club to get involved but I think she has now left the SCC WhatsApp group. I’ll ask DR to provide a some prizes if they want to take part. Any thoughts/concerns on this?
Additionally, I have mentioned this to a few people and they say it’s a good idea. That is that we split the entries in two, those that are racers / 10 mill TT in under 25 mins and those that are not racers/10 m TT over 25 mins and a lottery 2 up pairing would be one from each group. Again any thoughts/concerns?
Paul
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Solihull Cycling Club Forum Index -> Announcements All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: