Solihull Cycling Club Forum Index Solihull Cycling Club
Welcome to the Solihull CC Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   SearchHomepage   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

War of the Roses : Honiley

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Solihull Cycling Club Forum Index -> General riding/club runs/touring
View previous topic :: View next topic  
breakers

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2020 11:59 am    Post subject: War of the Roses : Honiley Reply with quote

I didn't realise how close the events of the War of the Roses came to our locality. I just stumbled on this information: "... King Edward IV. was arrested in the year 1469 by Archbishop Neville, with an armed band of horse, at Honiley in Warwickshire, and not at Ulney in Northamptonshire, or Olney in Buckinghamshire, as had been previously stated by several historians. This seizure was made by the advice of the Duke of Clarence and the Earl of Warwick. The King was then taken to Warwick Castle, from thence to York, and afterwards to Middleham Castle, from whence he escaped.
I presume they mean at Honiley Hall near Kenilworth.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Solihull Cycling Club Forum Index -> General riding/club runs/touring All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: